U17 -Born in 2005 & 2006
This age group is where everything should be coming together. Skills have been developed and now the players are putting them into practice, as well as learning the strategies of the game. Our A and B divisions allow for a choice of competitiveness - highly competitive at A to semi-competitive at B.
- Will have travel for games and will also play at Kaplan Field
- Will participate in the Queen City Classic tournament in June
- Participate in provincials sometime during first 3 weeks of July
- Playoffs will begin the last week of June to 1st week of July
- Usually attend 1 to 3 other tournaments
- Players should be prepared to play until Mid July and possibly mid August should they earn a spot to attend National Championships
- Will participate in the Sharon Knott Memorial tournament in May
- League playoffs are done end of June and are on a weekend in tournament format
- May attend provincials. This would be decided by the team. However, if teams decide not to attend provincials but there are still players interested, a city wide team(s) may be formed to allow those who want the opportunity to have it.
- Players who want to attend provincials should be prepared to play until mid July and the beginning of August should they earn a spot in the Western championships.